Thursday, February 15, 2018

Wildspace Magic - First Draft

Spells for Spelljammer adapted to 5e

 Spelljammer is... unusual. There are very few settings that take the usual high-magic fantasy  formula and put it into space, as space is typically seen as the purview of science fiction. As there was no precedent for High-Fantasy-In-Space (and other circumstances), the creators of Spelljammer were able to mold it as they saw fit.

This led to some... interesting components for the setting, but it is one that fascinates me to no end (which probably annoys my wife to no end).

While 5e has been almost entirely focused on the Forgotten Realms setting, with a short foray into Barovia, WotC has been hinting more and more that there might be expansions into new settings in the not-so-distant future. I fear that Spelljammer might be in the more distant future than some other settings (despite hints dropped into the adventures), so I figured that I would not be stepping on WotC's toes if I adapted Spelljammer spells to 5e.


This is the first draft of these spells, and I would really appreciate some feedback on wording, balance, and anything else that you think might be improved.




This is my first time embedding a PDF in my blog, so hopefully this looks alright.

No comments: